Careers at Rebuild The Block
Want to join our team? Submit your resume via the form below or email email@example.com.
Onsite Construction Manager
Onsite Construction Manager
To accommodate our rapid growth and demand, we are looking for an ambitious and driven Onsite Construction Manager to join our team. This is a full-time, in-the-field position M-F.
A Rebuild The Block team member has tenacity and grit accompanied by a high attention to detail, ensuring every aspect of our building process and final product are the best in the industry.
Why Work with Us:
- A matching IRA retirement plan
- Paid Time Off – PTO
- Competitive salary based on experience
- We have a really great team environment
- Professional growth and development
- Great onboarding experience
- Learn an exciting industry from the best in the business
- Growth opportunities with regular reviews
- Training provided
- We celebrate our successes together
- High Bonus Potential for on-time jobs
About the Company
Rebuild The Block is a dynamic, family-owned company that was founded with the goal to change the custom home building industry, focusing on new construction and custom renovations in Arcadia and Central Phoenix. We are a family-owned company and place a heavy emphasis on our core values – loyalty, reliability, and caring – in everything that we do.
At Rebuild The Block, we pride ourselves in doing things differently – allowing our buyers and clients alike to have an unmatched experience, coupled with the highest quality craftsmanship, energy efficiency, industry-leading innovation and technology.
About the Role
The Onsite Construction Manager’s key role is to keep construction projects on track and manage the process of field construction-related work, including pre-construction and construction through COO.
Description & Duties
- Responsible for daily project site activities – main onsite contact: answer all questions & be available every workday to ensure project execution takes place with timeliness & a high level of quality
- Responsible for quality control on all projects – quality control is of the utmost importance – you must have 20/40 vision throughout the project
- Accountable for job site cleanliness & protection – ensure sub-contractors & construction techs clean & protect the job site at all times.
- Attend pre-construction meeting with subcontractors – attend all pre-con meetings to ensure a high level of communication of any field changes/redlines are indicated before construction starts. review scope & expectations including job site rules, cleanliness & timeframes for start & completion..etc.
- Manage subcontractors & schedule – weekly & daily management of subcontractors schedules & ensure project is meeting its projected timelines & update in monday.com
- Manage subcontractor final walks & final punch-list review final punch-list items for each stage of the project & with each subcontractor to ensure all items are complete to Rebuild The Block standards
- Lead client meetings for custom builds – client meetings take place 2x a month.Must update the client accordingly to schedule & discuss any changes or design details as needed.
- Manage self-performed tasks – manage construction technician schedule to ensure they fill the gaps of our subcontractors & self perform at a high level of execution
- Coordinate city inspections – call or use the web portal to schedule all necessary inspections throughout the project. Attend all inspections to discuss approval or corrective items needed
- Rough material ordering – ordering of rough materials – lumber, trim, doors…etc.
- Cabinetry – ensure cabinetry is delivered checked in & protected.
- Change orders – review with team & client any change orders. fill out necessary documentation as needed & turn it into admin & accounting team.
- Manage warranty items as needed – the main point of contact for future warranties that need to be addressed. Work with Project Coordinator & subcontractors to ensure all items are addressed in a timely fashion
- Job site schedule tracking – ensure all bi-weekly updates in subcontractors’ schedules are reflected in Monday.com
- Daily logs & notes – report daily logs in Monday.com to ensure Project Manager is aware of major tasks handled onsite.
- Client relationship management
Desired Skills & Experience
- Manage difficult conversation & potential conflict
- Strong knowledge of construction processes
- Strong finish carpentry skills
- Attention to detail / strong organization skills
- Ability to read architectural sets of plan
- Ability to follow directions & complete tasks as assigned.
- Ability to manage others effectively
- Strong customer service/satisfaction oriented
- Basic computer skills
$70K – $85K